3rd Sustainable Phosphorus Summit
A Blueprint for Global Phosphorus Security
The Institute for Sustainable Futures and the Global Phosphorus Research Initiative are pleased to announce the 3rd Sustainable Phosphorus Summit which will take place in late February 2012 in sunny Sydney, Australia. Initial funding has been secured from the Australian Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) and the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC).
The 2012 Sustainable Phosphorus Summit will be hosted by the Institute for Sustainable Futures, University of Technology, Sydney - a founding member of the Global Phosphorus Research Initiative (www.phosphorusfutures.net). This conference will bring together key science, policy and industry stakeholders from different parts of the food production and consumption chain concerned about the role of phosphorus availability and accessibility in global food security, about protecting the environment, and about supporting rural and urban livelihoods. Themes include:
- Sustainable food systems
- Global phosphate rock production and reserves
- Phosphorus use efficiency in mining, agriculture, food processing
- Phosphorus recovery and reuse
- Phosphorus pollution and waste
- Sustainable phosphorus strategies and global governance
The format of the Summit will ensure a high level of interactivity, multi-stakeholder participation, creativity and be outcomes-oriented. It will build on two important international events in previous years:
- Phosphorus and Global Food Security International Workshop in Linköping, Sweden, February 2010 (See proceedings: http://www.ep.liu.se/ecp/053/ecp10053.pdf)
- Sustainable Phosphorus Summit in Phoenix, Arizona, February 2011 (see program and outcomes at: http://sols.asu.edu/frontiers/2011/index.php)
We are currently seeking further sponsorship from government, industry and the private sector. Download a sponsorship prospectus here if you are interested.
More information on a call for abstracts, keynote speakers, program and other aspects of the conference can be found at the official conference website: www.sustainablePsummit.net.
We look forward to seeing you in Sydney in February!
The Sustainable P Summit organising committee